Oak Park Youth Baseball Softball is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization in Oak Park, Illinois.
With nearly 1,500 kids in our program, Oak Park Youth Baseball Softball is among the largest athletic associations in Oak Park. Games are played at more than a dozen locations on fields operated by the Park District of Oak Park.
We offer baseball for ages 5 to 18 and softball for ages 5 to 14.
The Oak Park Youth Baseball Softball league is an all-volunteer program. The board meets monthly by Zoom or in-person at the league office at 1223 Circle Ave in Forest Park on the second Tuesday of every month at 7pm. Public comment is welcome at the beginning of the meeting. Contact the board president if you would like to attend: email@example.com.
Our mission is to create a fun, safe, and rewarding experience for the children and families who participate through our youth baseball and softball programs.
Our goal is to establish inclusive, affordable, recreational and competitive programs with an emphasis on educating participants in the fundamentals of the game while promoting the values of sportsmanship and fair play.
- Fun: Youth sports – done the right way – can provide mental and physical health benefits, lower depression rates, improve self-esteem, and lead to overall better well being. We will actively work to make our programming fun for all involved while allowing kids to learn and appreciate the sport of baseball and softball.
- Sportsmanship: We believe baseball and softball should be played with fairness and in an ethical manner. Respect for one’s opponent, teammates and coaches is advocated at all times. Gracious in winning or losing and setting good examples of how to act for others.
- Individual Growth: We encourage the development of life skills and personal character while developing an appreciation for physical conditioning, healthy life choices, enhance self-discipline, responsibility, accountability and integrity.
- Community: OPYBS has been a long-time staple in the Oak Park community. We will continue to work to listen, communicate, evolve, collaborate, and provide experiences that meet the needs of our community. Not just a select few.
- Partnership: By working collaboratively with the Park District of Oak Park, D97, D200, our sponsors and other partners, we aim to create win-win scenarios and enrich lives in our community together.