OPYBS Scholarship Program
Oak Park Youth Baseball/Softball (OPYBS) has created a scholarship program to aid parents who may need assistance with registration fees. This includes full and partial scholarships for registration fees, based on expressed financial need. By a vote of the OPYBS Board of Directors, up to 2.5% of annual revenue will be provided for scholarships each year.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
Those seeking a scholarship must explain the nature of the hardship and/or provide documentation supporting the request. Specifically, to be eligible for a scholarship, the following information must be provided to the OPYBS Treasurer.
- Complete the scholarship application form.
- Provide a detailed explanation of the financial hardship.
- Complete an OPYBS registration form containing all of the player’s information. Payment may be submitted after final determination of scholarship amounts.
- Provide proof of age indicating that the player meets league requirements (may already be on-file if this is a returning player).
- Scholarship form should be completed at time of registration.
How to Apply for a Scholarship:
To ensure proper due diligence, every scholarship request is examined and assessed on its own merit.
- Download and complete the Scholarship Application below.
- Once the scholarship form has been submitted, the OPYBS Scholarship Committee will review the request.
- The Scholarship Review Period may take up to 7 days after the final in-person registration.
- The Scholarship Committee will respond via e-mail with a decision on the scholarship request by that review date.
- All decisions of the OPYBS Scholarship Committee are final.
Terms and Conditions:
If the scholarship request is approved, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- The scholarship covers the registration fees only for one season in full or in part.
- The player must meet age and all other requirements. All required documents must be verified as part of the registration process.
- A registration form must be completed for the player providing all requested details.
Please contact the OPYBS Board President with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michael R. Pikowski Scholarship Fund
Michael R. Pikowski was a long-time supporter of OPYBS. He was a dedicated father, team sponsor, coach, our organization's accountant, and a good friend to many. Mike was a fixture at games throughout the season as he loved both baseball and softball. He passed away in 2013.
In Mike's honor, his family set up the Michael R. Pikowski Scholarship Fund to keep his memory alive on baseball and softball fields around the village. This fund adds to our existing efforts to provide scholarships to any children in need, who might not otherwise be able to play the games that Mike loved so much. OPYBS thanks the Pikowski family for their generous assistance.